AEON recruits from several English speaking countries around the world, as we realize that diversity is essential to the well-rounded education of our students. The greater the spectrum of individuality to which we can expose our students, the greater their understanding of foreign cultures will be. We are eager to meet with any qualified applicant.
Working at AEON requires a one-year commitment from dedicated, mature individuals willing to adapt to the culture and work environment of Japan. Future employees need to prepare themselves mentally, culturally and professionally for their new workplace in Japan. AEON is not sponsoring paid vacations to Japan; teaching English at AEON is a serious job requiring dedication, cultural flexibility, organization, respect, creativity, enthusiasm and professionalism. The AEON experience can be challenging in these respects, and yet it is extremely rewarding as both a career opportunity and a personal experience. AEON employs individuals ranging from recent graduates to trained professionals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any major from an accredited institution.
- Those who already have a Bachelor’s degree may apply at any time.
- Those who do not yet have a Bachelor’s degree may apply before they finish their degree. Applications should be submitted no more than 6 months before the expected date the degree will be awarded.
- A strong understanding and masterful command of the English language.
- A native speaker of English.
- If an applicant is from a country where English is not the native language (or not the only native language), they must have a total of at least 10 years of education from schools where English is the primary mode of education and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an English speaking country.
- Teaching experience (and/or a teaching certification) is helpful, but not necessary. AEON offers paid training in Japan.
- Japanese language experience is helpful for daily life, but not necessary. Teachers speak English at the schools.
- Applicants should possess a genuine interest in the culture and people of Japan as well as in teaching and business.
- AEON recruits year round with positions starting every month of the year.
- Applications should be made three to six months before one’s desired start date in Japan.
How to apply
- Visit our Recruiting Locations page.
- Click on your desired interview location.
- Fill in your information.
- Upload two documents:
- Your current resume or CV
- Your essay titled, “Why I want to live and work in Japan”