From Application to Departure
Here is the usual order of events from application to departure:
- Screening of the application is conducted by recruiters. Successful applicants are invited to an information meeting and a group interview.
- Candidates who attend the information meeting are provided with information regarding the company and Japan.
- Candidates who remain interested and wish to attend the group interview are asked to give a model lesson presentation and take a grammar, vocabulary and spelling quiz.
- Successful candidates are invited back to a personal interview where more details are discussed.
- After due consideration, an offer of employment, detailing a specific job location, area information and contract dates is extended to the candidate.
- Upon acceptance of the offer, contracts, forms to be filled out for visa application, a Japanese guidebook, a manual on preparation for Japan and other necessary documents are sent.
- Recruiters address any remaining questions and concerns.
- Pre-training materials and a certificate from the Japanese government needed for visa application are provided.
- Upon receipt of the visa, the teacher finalizes preparations for departure.
- Departure to Japan.
- After clearing immigration and customs inspections upon arrival in Japan, the teacher is met by an AEON staff member at the airport on a predetermined date and time.
The time from when an applicant’s resume is received until their departure is usually two to six months.