- Teachers agree to work exclusively for AEON during the contract period.
2. ONE-YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT
- Based on performance evaluations, successful teachers can be offered the option to extend their contract. Salary increases in subsequent years.
3. TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Teachers will receive a week or more of paid training in Japan, with accommodations provided by the company. Ongoing paid training and professional development events are held throughout the year.
4. GENERAL WORK HOURS
- School hours vary from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. depending on the day of the week. Teachers work a total of 40 hours per week which includes 25 teaching hours. Typical workweek is Tuesday through Saturday.
5. MONTHLY SALARY
- 275,000 yen; under the 11% tax rate in Japan. The monthly salary is made up of a base salary of 255,000 yen plus a 20,000 yen fixed overtime allowance. Other allowances and extras may apply.
- Teachers will receive additional overtime pay whenever teaching time exceeds 25 hours per week and when working outside the regular-scheduled workweek.
- Commuting expenses are paid in full by AEON for commuting to and from the teachers’ apartments and workplace, as well as to and from ongoing training and professional development events.
- Teachers are provided a fully-furnished, private apartment with bathroom and kitchenette. Teachers are responsible for their monthly rent up to 55,000 yen and rent is automatically deducted from their salary. Teachers are responsible for their own personal expenses such as utilities, food, internet access and smartphone/cell phone costs.
9. HEALTH INSURANCE AND PENSION
- Teachers are provided health insurance coverage through the Japan Health Insurance Association and must contribute into the Japan Pension Service. Approximately 40,000 yen per month is deducted from the teacher’s monthly salary for both the Insurance and Pension. Approximately 25,000 yen (Pension contribution) of this deduction is refundable from the Japanese Government for up to 5 years.
10. VACATION AND HOLIDAYS
- Teachers will receive 3 one-week (approximately 7 days or more) paid vacation periods at designated times throughout the year and an additional 5 paid personal days per year to use. All Japanese national holidays are observed.
11. FLIGHT ALLOWANCE
- Airfare to and from Japan are arranged and paid for by the teacher. A one-time, 70,000 yen Flight Allowance is provided for teachers who meet the criteria set by AEON. Teachers hired in Japan are not eligible for this allowance.
- One-time bonus is provided to teachers upon completion of their final contract. The bonus amounts are as follows:
|12 – 23 months of employment:||80,000 yen|
|24 months or more of employment:||160,000 yen|