AEON recruits from several English speaking countries around the world, as we realize that diversity is essential to the well-rounded education of our students. The greater the spectrum of individuality to which we can expose our students, the greater their understanding of foreign cultures will be. We are eager to meet with any qualified applicant.
Working at AEON requires a one-year commitment from dedicated, mature individuals willing to adapt to the culture and work environment of Japan. Future employees need to prepare themselves mentally, culturally and professionally for their new workplace in Japan. AEON is not sponsoring paid vacations to Japan; teaching English at AEON is a serious job requiring dedication, cultural flexibility, organization, respect, creativity, enthusiasm and professionalism. The AEON experience can be challenging in these respects, and yet it is extremely rewarding as both a career opportunity and a personal experience. AEON employs individuals ranging from recent graduates to trained professionals.
All applicants must have a strong and masterful command of the English language and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Applicants must also be able to work in Japan. For those who need visa sponsorship, it will be provided by AEON. Therefore applicants must be eligible for a Specialist in Humanities/International Services Visa.
In order to be issued a Specialist in Humanities/International Services Visa, Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs requires applicants to have relevant experience. This can be any one of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any major from an accredited institution in an English-speaking country and at least 10 years of education from schools where English is the primary mode of education. Or,
- A Bachelor’s degree in a subject related to English or English Education. Or,
- A Bachelor’s degree in any major and at least 3 years of verifiable experience teaching ESL.
- Teaching experience (and/or a teaching certificate) is helpful, but not necessary. AEON offers paid training in Japan.
- Japanese language experience is helpful for daily life, but not necessary. Teachers speak English at the schools.
- Applicants should possess a genuine interest in the culture and people of Japan as well as in teaching and business.
- AEON recruits year round with positions starting every month of the year.
- Applications should be made three to six months before one’s desired start date in Japan.
- Candidates who do not yet have a Bachelor’s degree may apply before they finish their degree. Applications should be submitted no more than six months before the expected date the degree will be awarded.
How to apply
- Visit our Recruiting Locations page.
- Click on your desired interview location.
- Fill in your information.
- Upload two documents:
- Your current resume or CV
- Your essay titled, “Why I want to live and work in Japan”